My Secluded Camping In Georgia Which Trail Should I Take For A 5-day Arizona Camping Trip?

Which trail should I take for a 5-day Arizona camping trip? - my secluded camping in georgia

I live in Decatur, Georgia, the next day to Atlanta, and I see a solo 5 camping in early October, less than 100 miles from Flagstaff. My criteria are:

- Water

- Isolation

- Very good

- Strenuous okay, may be preferred

- Bonus tracks right side, especially the incumbents.

I saw 3 AZ Map pounds, and my choices are to 5: Fossil Springs, West Clear Creek, Secret Canyon, Bell, and Kelsey-Dorsey. (But I'm very open to other suggestions.)

I'm an experienced hiker, having little experience in the West. Last fall, I have 3 days with a partner at Phantom Ranch - North Kaibab up, back up Bright Angel. 1. Time on the CA and 1 no trip at all.

I understand thas few of them are 5 very popular, but isolated from the week, especially in October, right? I want to know your suggestions - appreciate the comprehensive and detailed, the better. Thank you very much.

2 comments:

sascoaz said...

I backpacker two secret Canyon, Fossil Creek and West Clear Creek. Both places are very nice and meet most of the above criteria.

While Fossil Creek is one of the most beautiful regions of the state, is the distance from the starting point to the sources rather short, it would increase too, and cover for a stay of several days - instead of a lot of ground. In addition, Fossil Creek has a lot of attention lately because of a recent documentary about him. I do not know weeks, but is very popular on weekends. If you go, be sure to take a trip to Verde Hot Springs, which is just above the green, where it empties into Fossil Creek.

When backpacking the West Clear Creek, is connected to the mouth of the ACNyon, near Camp Verde (Bull Pen Ranch). There were lots of tourists per day (and waste) from the track, but we had the gun (which is more attractive for us) after a few kilometers.

Although I like the course, are the upper parts of the cliff (along near Clint's Well) is probably even more beautiful, more spectacular and the solitude (probably more strenouous). Today I have a small section at the top is, but it was very good (by the way, this section of the gorge has been presented recently in Arizona Highways -) and the cover photo. It should be noted that the upper parts require, especially wading deep in places, the cold could be this time of year.

Another option that you should see (which is on my list) is the segment is highGhlin road that goes just below the rim of the NE area of Payson. It is one of the few that is long enough to stay 5 days. You spend a spring or drainage system to another, so you must plan to store water. I have pieces It Up day, and it seems a good place for a long backpack.

Can not say much about Bell or KD.

Enjoy! This is a good time of year for hiking in AZ. Note that (the Upstate cooling, especially at night) at the time.

campahol... said...

This is where I always wanted to do .....

http://www.havasupaitribe.com/waterfalls ...

Post a Comment